We are happy to be a Sponsor of the 29th Panhellenic Congress of Academic Libraries that is being organized by the Library and Information Centre of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki at the Aristotle University Research Dissemination Center (KEDEA), from the 27th until the 29th of November. This year’s theme is “Academic Libraries: Accelerating research and development, enriching academic life”.
The aims of this year’s Panhellenic Congress of Academic Libraries conference are to:
- Explore the emerging trends and technologies that shape the future of academic libraries, such as AI, virtual reality, and data analytics.
- Enhance the impact of open access publishing, open educational resources, copyright issues, and innovative models for scholarly communication.
- Highlight the importance of information literacy in the digital age and strategies for teaching digital skills to students and researchers.
- Explore the opportunities for collaboration between academic libraries and other stakeholders, such as faculty, students, IT departments, research centers, and cultural institutions.
- Address the importance of creating inclusive and diverse library environments, fostering equity in access to information, and supporting underrepresented communities.
- Discuss effective marketing strategies, social media engagement, and community outreach initiatives to promote library services and resources.
Digital Convergence Services
With state-of-the-art equipment and software, talented people and technical expertise, we can handle any project regardless its size, budget or complexity. We do digital differently to help you meet your goals and grow your business.
With the infrastructure, know-how, experienced staff, state-of-the-art software and the right equipment, we can undertake and successfully complete any digitization project, regardless of size, budget or demanding specifications.
DataScouting delivers tools to assist the GLAM sector in opening up information, make collections FAIR Standards compliant, providing a new approach to information discovery, preservation, and management by utilizing cutting-edge technologies and creative solutions.
We provide open access solutions that collect, preserve and make any digital object from cultural heritage to scientific scholarship openly available, and plethora of in-house plug-ins that compliments and enhances accessibility, interoperability, findability and re-usability of your collections.
Your Technology Partner for the GLAM sector
As a Sponsor of PALC29, we also participate as an exhibitor. Eva Katriniaki, Library Information Systems Officer, Sophia Karakeva, Chief Communication Officer and John Papastergiou, Software Engineer will be our company’s booth at KEDEA throughout the congress, from Monday, 27 November until Wednesday, 29 November, to meet you and showcase you our solutions and products for the GLAM sector.
Our dedication to the GLAM sector
Since 2015, DataScouting has a dedicated department for the GLAM sector. Our solutions and services help organizations and institutions make their collections accessible to the world and preserve their cultural heritage through interoperability with cultural content aggregators, such as Europeana and SearchCulture. The tools we develop, enrich information and digital content, using optical character recognition, AR & VR technologies, unified search capabilities and enhanced viewing software.
We are also sponsors of IFLA (International Federation of Library Associations), LIBER (Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche), KOHACON, Fiesole Retreat, DCAC and EEBEP events. Additionally, we are members of the EuropeanaTech Community and the Europeana Network Association (ΕΝΑ).
About PALC 29
The annual Panhellenic Conference of Academic Libraries is one of the most important events for the Greek Academic libraries and the most significant in the areas of Library Information Services, Library Automation, Books & Periodicals, Library Equipment and Information Technologies. Librarians, members of the academic community and suppliers are given the opportunity to broaden their knowledge, to communicate with colleagues, to syndicate and exchange views and experiences and to be informed about new developments and trends in the Academic Libraries’ products and services.