We are happy to be a sponsor of the 4th International Conference on Digital Culture & AudioVisual Challenges – DCAC 2022. The event is hosted by the Department of Audio & Visual Arts of the Ionian University, and will take place in Corfu, from the 13th until the 14th of May. The aim of the DCAC 2022 is to bring together technology, art, and culture in the Digital Era, as well as to provide a forum on current research and applications incorporating technology, art and culture, to deepen cooperation, exchange experiences and good practices.
About DCAC 2022
DCAC 2022 promises to be a great discussion about the interaction between interdisciplinary creativity, technology, arts and culture. This year’s topic is “Interdisciplinary Creativity in Arts and Technology” and the conference bring together four events:
- The “New Aesthetics – New Dimensions” session is led and moderated by Michail Panagopoulos, Assistant Professor, Dept. of Audio and Visual Arts, Ionian University, Greece. It will be held on Saturday, 14th of May in the morning.
- The “Audiovisual Challenges and Creative Applications” session is led and moderated by Basileios Komianos, Assistant Professor at Dept. of Audio and Visual Arts, Ionian University, Greece. It will be held on Saturday, 14th of May in the evening.
- The “Digital Culture and Technologies” session is led and moderated by Apostolos Loufopoulos, Associate Professor, Dept. of Audio and Visual Arts, Ionian University, Greece. It will be held on Saturday, 14th of May in the evening.
- The “Artistic Perception, Vision, Art and Technology” session is led and moderated by Dionysios Katerelos, Associate Professor, Dept. of Audio and Visual Arts, Ionian University, Greece. It will be held on Saturday, 14th of May in the evening.
DCAC 2022 will be a combination of an in-person and hybrid format.
Libraries – Archives – Museums
Experienced in digital content and with best practices, we help libraries, archives and museums offer their users a new approach to information discovery.
- Integrated Library Systems (ILS):
- open-source software
- Koha implementation
- RFID implementation
- Institutional Repositories (IR):
- DSpace or EPrints
- IIIF Viewer Implementation
- Collection Management Systems:
- OMEKA and AtoM
- Meta-search engines:
- VuFind – A library resource portal will enable your users to search all of your library’s resources from OPAC (Online Public Access Catalog) to Institutional Repositories (IR) and any other Library Collections and Resources from a basic search box.
With state-of- the-art equipment and software, talented people and technical expertise, we can handle any project regardless its size, budget or complexity.
- MediaScouting Print
- Print, Audiovisual or Digital Content
- Full-text Search Capabilities
- Data & Text Mining
- Documentation / Metadata:
- Dublin Core – METS – MODS – EAD
- Consulting & Digital Convergence Software / Hardware
- TV & Radio Preservation Software:
- MediaScouting Broadcast
- Digital Object Augmentation Services
- Clipping Software:
- OCR / ASR
- JPEG / PDF Export using METS / ALTO or TEI
DataScouting is a service provider and software developer for Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). Since 2015, we have a dedicated department for Libraries, Archives and Museums. Following the very latest technologies and implementing innovative solutions DataScouting provides Libraries and Information Centers, Archives and Museums with tools to empower both staff and users.
Our solutions and services help organizations and institutions to make their collections accessible to the world and preserve the cultural heritage through interoperability with cultural content aggregators, such as Europeana and SearchCulture. The tools we develop, enrich information and digital content, using optical character recognition, AR & VR technologies, unified search capabilities and enhanced viewing software.
We are sponsors of IFLA (International Federation of Library Associations), LIBER (Ligue des Bibliothèques Européennes de Recherche), KOHACON, Fiesole Retreat and DCAC events.